10/01/2015

Welcome Here at Puppenka - a blog about dolls and dollmaking


Hello! I'm Lulu, and this is Puppenka, a blog about my doll sewing journey. A small but playful corner of mine, where I want to share my devotion towards creating these little friends. The dolls made by me are based on traditional Waldorf dollmakig, but usually they are more detailed and also may show emotions. Despite these small changes, my dolls are all natural, created with cotton jersey skin, sweet wool stuffing, and I use cotton or wool yarns and fibre for making their hair. Creating these little guys is a favorite hobby of mine, which has started three years ago, and now I would like to share this joy with you!



Although the main theme here is going to be dollsewing, from time to time, I will share some other creative projects as well (the first one maybe my sons appliqué blanket). Making dolls led me to lots of other handicrafts, like crocheting, knitting and natural dying, therefore I'm planning some posts concerning my learning process of these skills too. 

Now I'm working on a nice boy, who may stay with me, and accompany my little family in some adventures. My plan is to share spots from the special and also the usual days of his little life with you.

The world of children is something, that I find really interesting, just like designing toys and also the nature of playing. So you may find some "philosophical posts" concerning these topics as well. Don't say I didn't warn you!

I'm not a professional - maybe one day I will be - so for now, I can make dolls and also take care of the blog only in my free time. Thus please excuse me, if there are going to be less active or a bit silent periods. Here I want to mention as well, that English is not my mothertongue, therefore, I'm sure, I will make mistakes in my writings, please be indulgent towards me, I will try to do my best. 

I hope sharing this playful adventure pleasures not just me, but my readers as well!
 
Have playful days!


4 comments:

  1. Szivesen követem a bloggodat Lulukám! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog! Dolls are the most magical thing to create. You can see them come to life as you work on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, that's the magic part! My favourite is making the face, when you creates the features a little personality emerges!

      Delete