10/09/2015

Lonka


What can I say about Lonka! She and I spent a long long time together, before she could come to life. From the first sketches all the four seasons went by, until she got finished. In the beginning I couldn't see whether I'm working on a boy or a girl dolly. 



Many hours of daydreaming, investigating, trying and trying again ... and slowly her lovely personality took shape. I was working on her on train trips, during holidays, and expecting my baby. We have lots of common experiences, and slowly, step by step, as I was creating her, I got to know her. We found some materials for her cloths, we choose fibres for the shoes and her scarf. I have to say, she had the shoes first, even before her hair was completed. She had a red babushka on her head for a while, before her locks were prepared. I was really keen to finish her, but even a blonde dolly steal her thunder. 




Having her ready was a remarkable event for me! She turned out to be a mischievous little ginger, who has a passion for nature, especially for flowers. Lonka is not dare to stain her pinafore, she loves working in the garden. She has a really kind and always cheerful temperament. Although her pinafore is covered in flowers as well, she loves the shoes better, because of the flower-buttons we found for her! Those are her favourites! By the end of the summer, her freckles turn darker, just to be able to fade during the following seasons. 


Lonka's hair is made of Valais Blacknose sheep locks, she has embroidered mouth and brown eyes. She wears a beige polka dot blouse, repurposed linen dark green trousers, a flower printed calico pinafore and a pair of crocheted shoes made of grey cotton yarn. Of course, she needed a hairpin with a handmade woolfelt flower. She is approx. 45 cm heigh, her skin is made of cotton jersey and her rosy-posy cheeks are blushed with beeswax. She is my first "large doll" so later on you can read her "how it's made" story for sure. And I think after her, my large doll pattern will get the name: PuppLonka.

You can find more photos of Lonka at my Flickr page. 

Have playful days!

No comments:

Post a Comment