10/22/2015

Naming dollies

..is a very big privilege. Personally, I really enjoy the process of finding a name, but I also think, it strengthens the connection between the child and her doll.  So maybe this privilege belongs to the "mummy".



During my university years even my clothes-horse had a name, so you can imagine, how much I enjoy naming dolls. Searching for the name is a challenge itself, finding it always induces happiness. When you find THE NAME, it seems it was never your idea, but the new little owner whispered it into your heart. I think, the name shows much of the doll's personality and helps to make playing with her more real like.

This is a real fun part of dollmaking, but still, the dollies made for a certain kid  will not be named by me. Of course I have to call them somehow, so I plan to use titles, which refers to their habit, hobbies or any kinds of favourites. Like Tricky, Brave, Dotty, Redhead, Shy or Strawberry. I would like to leave the magic of naming them to the little kids, who hopefully will play whit most of my dolls. I will still have plenty chances to name dollies, since the ones I make without knowing the future owner will get their name from me, yeeaaah!

Have playful days!

No comments:

Post a Comment